Ages 8 to Adult
The Ukulele has seen a huge growth in popularity over the past several years. The learning curve for the ukulele is much easier than that of the guitar so students are able to start making music and playing songs in a short period of time. The tension of the strings is lower on the ukulele, and there are fewer strings to manage, making it easier for beginners and younger students to play. While its range is smaller than that of the guitar, you can still play a variety of music on it.
Taught by our experienced guitar instructors beginner students will start learning the basics of music and how to play the ukulele using the Hal Leonard Ukulele Method. Topics introduced in this method include music reading, chords, scales, strumming, melody playing, tremolo, music notation, tablature and more. And similar to our guitar instruction students with more discerning tastes in music are encouraged to discuss their goals with their instructor to help tailor the program to their interests.
Aptitude Ukulele Program
At Tauber Music School, beginning Ukulele students can enroll in our Aptitude Music Program which includes private lessons, music books and a free Ukulele rental for playing at home. An ideal way to determine your interest and your ability to play this fun instrument.
Aptitude Program: Highlights, Fees & Lesson Details
Lesson Fees & Details
- Suitability – this program is appropriate for students age 7 to adult.
- Duration – 30, 45 & 60 minute lesson once per week; average 4 lessons per month.
- Regular Term – 40 weeks; from September to June; follows the public school calendar; Summer lessons available (please enquire for scheduling)
- Registration Deposit – At registration a fee of $20.00 is payable to reserve a student's place on the schedule. This fee is refunded in the form of a monthly lesson discount when your account is paid by post-dated cheque or pre-authorized chequing.
- Lesson Fee* – tuition is $109.00 to $112.00 per month depending on the instrument of study and is based on four, 30-minute private lessons per month. All lessons are month to month with NO contract. Tuition is GST and PST exempt and qualifies for the Manitoba Children's Arts and Cultural Activity Credit. Bi-weekly, 45 minute and 60 minute lessons are available when required. Please call or email for rates.
- Book Fee – course books are not included and are purchased as required. Average cost is approximately $20.00 per year but will vary depending on the program and grade level.
- Practice Instrument – a suitable practice instrument is required at home.
- Family Lesson Discount – when 2 or more immediate family members are registered for lessons, a monthly lesson discount will be applied to each student. Please ask for details.
-- all prices subject to change without notice --
*A monthly lesson discount will apply when you arrange to pay your account with post-dated cheques or by pre-authorized chequing. Does not apply to Apple Course, Aptitude Music Program, RCM Theory or playLOUD programs.