Summer Rock Band Program
The playLOUD program was created to provide students the opportunity to:
- Play together with other vocalists and instrumentalists in a Rock Band.
- Express their individuality by making their own choices about the music that they want to play, write, and explore.
- Be creative by writing songs and designing their own band identity.
- Learn about and discuss music they listen to.
- Perform as a band in front of a live audience and be a part of planning and staging the show.
- Students will be involved in large and small group activities, discussions, lectures, and instruction.
- Students will break into supervised small groups to create their band, select and rehearse cover songs, write original compositions, and plan for their performance at the final concert.
Registration Details & Eligibility
- Music students between the ages of 7-11 and 12-17 currently studying piano, guitar, voice, bass, or drums are eligible to participate.
- Students must complete and submit an on-line or paper registration form before the registration deadline.
- The fee for the program is $269.00 which includes participation in the final concert.
- The deadline for registration is June 27, 2022.
- Early registration is encouraged as there are limited spaces for each instrument type.
For more information about the program, please call the school office at (204) 697-4565.