Ages 7 1/2 to Adult
There are two main curriculum currently used in the study of piano at Tauber Music School. These are Piano Adventures® method by Faber and Celebration Series Perspectives®, the official curriculum of The Royal Conservatory of Music (RCM).
These popular and proven programs offer students the very best in piano training. All piano instructors at Tauber Music have completed Royal Conservatory of Music examination requirements and are qualified RCM instructors.
The Royal Conservatory curriculum is also recognized by the Manitoba Board of Education. Manitoba high school students in grades 9 to 12 who meet the grade and exam requirements are eligible to receive up to four additional credits at the high school level.
Lesson Fees & Details
- Suitability – this program is appropriate for students age 7 to adult.
- Duration – 30, 45 or 60 minute lesson once per week; average 4 lessons per month.
- Regular Term – 40 weeks; from September to June; follows the public school calendar; Summer lessons available (please enquire for scheduling)
- Registration Deposit – At registration a fee of $20.00 is payable to reserve a student's place on the schedule. This fee is refunded in the form of a monthly lesson discount when your account is paid by post-dated cheque or pre-authorized chequing.
- Lesson Fee* – tuition is $109.00 to $112.00 per month depending on the instrument of study and is based on four, 30-minute private lessons per month. All lessons are month to month with NO contract. Tuition is GST and PST exempt and qualifies for the Manitoba Children's Arts and Cultural Activity Credit. Bi-weekly, 45 minute and 60 minute lessons are available when required. Please call or email for rates.
- Book Fee – course books are not included and are purchased as required. Average cost is approximately $20.00 per year but will vary depending on the program and grade level.
- Practice Instrument – a suitable practice instrument is required at home.
- Family Lesson Discount – when 2 or more immediate family members are registered for lessons, a monthly lesson discount will be applied to each student. Please ask for details.
-- all prices subject to change without notice --
*A monthly lesson discount will apply when you arrange to pay your account with post-dated cheques or by pre-authorized chequing. Does not apply to Apple Course, Aptitude Music Program, RCM Theory or playLOUD programs.
Beginner & Early Years
In the Aptitude Piano Program, students between 7 and 12 years old, will begin their study of the piano with the Piano Adventures® Primer Level.
Piano students will enjoy this creative and motivational instruction method. With four books available at each level (Lesson, Theory, Performance, Technique & Artistry) students will follow a step by step approach to learning the piano.
Using a wide range of styles, the material is organized into units which represent the major concepts and skills of piano playing. As each unit is completed, students will advance to new material as well as continue to reinforce previously learned concepts and skills. Through this systematic approach students will develop a strong foundation in reading music, understanding music theory and developing proper playing skills.
Teens & Adults registered in the Aptitude Piano Program, will begin their studies with the Accelerated Piano Adventures® for the Older Beginner. This is an accelerated program written for the older beginner. This method book covers all the material in both the Primer Level and Level One of the basic Piano Adventures® method.
Aptitude Program: Program Highlights, Fees & Lesson Details
Royal Conservatory of Music
This modern piano teaching method is the most widely used and recognized piano music program in Canada. It is the series of choice for teachers and students seeking a truly enriched learning experience. At Tauber Music, all piano teachers have RCM training and follow the RCM program in order to give their students the best piano training available.
Celebration Series Perspectives® is a comprehensive and progressive series featuring an outstanding selection of piano literature with supporting teaching materials. With pieces ranging from the Baroque era to present day, the repertoire books are the ultimate resource for examinations, recitals, festivals, competitions, auditions and for enjoyment.
The Royal Conservatory of Music curriculum is recognized by the Manitoba Board of Education. Manitoba high school students in grades 9 to 12 who meet the grade and exam requirements are eligible to receive up to four additional credits at the high school level.