Aptitude Music Program
- for beginners age 7 1/2 to adult -
Highlights & Fees
A risk free trial program designed for beginner students ages 7 1/2 to Adult.
Experience real lessons on the instrument of your choice BEFORE purchasing an instrument or making a commitment to on-going music lessons.
The Aptitude Music Program includes:
- 4 or 6 weeks of private (one-to-one) instruction
- Music lesson books and materials
- A practice instrument for your home*
Low Program Fee includes everything:
- 4-week program: $79.00 (July & August)
- 6-week program: $109.00 (September to May)
*free practice instruments only available for Piano, Guitar, Ukulele, Violin and Drums
-- A $5.00 insurance fee will apply when a rental instrument is required
-- Free violin rental available with 6-week program only
-- all prices subject to change without notice
- Suitability – this program is intended for students with little or no experience on the instrument of their choice.
- Privacy – all Aptitude lessons are taught individually (not in a group) so students may feel comfortable and progress at their own pace.
- Duration – each Aptitude lesson is 30 minutes long and is taken once per week for up to six consecutive weeks.
- Availability – this program is offered throughout the school year and in the summer months.
- Schedule – lessons are available weekday afternoons and evenings and on Saturday during the day at most locations. Please call the school for a current list of all available times for the program and location you are interested in.
- Other Fees – there is no registration fee for this program and program fees are tax exempt.
- Books – the first lesson book is included in your program fee; initial lesson books have a retail value of $10.00 to $15.00 and are yours to keep at the end of the program. All lesson books are age and level appropriate.
- Practice Instrument – when required, a free instrument rental for use at home, is included for the duration of your Aptitude program. A low-cost student rental program is also available to students who register to continue in the Regular Music program. All rentals are subject to availability.
-- all prices subject to change without notice --
The Aptitude Music Program will allow you to experience lessons on the instrument you have chosen in order to make an informed decision about continuing with lessons.
The course books you are using, the instruction you receive, and your rate of progress in the Aptitude Music Program are identical to the type of instruction you will receive in the Regular Music Program.
However, by taking the Aptitude Program first, you will save up to 40% off regular program fees PLUS have up to 6 weeks to decide if this instrument is right for you. And there is no obligation to continue when the program is over.
In addition to saving money, the Aptitude Program benefits everyone involved:
- Parents – your ability to observe the interest your child shows in attending lessons each week and in doing the practice required between lessons will help you make an informed decision about whether to continue with lessons after the Aptitude Program.
- Students – after 4 to 6 weeks of lessons and home practice, you will know if you like the instrument you have chosen and if you have the desire to continue with lessons.
- Teachers – based on the students interest and progress during the Aptitude Program teachers can form a proper opinion of the student's potential and make a recommendation as to whether or not the student should continue.
On completion of the program the parents, student and teacher can make an informed decision as to whether or not the student should continue in the Regular Music Program.