Ages 8 to Adult
Acoustic & Electric
Aptitude Guitar Program
In the Aptitude Guitar Program you will begin your lessons in the Zerofret Guitar Shop Method. This modern guitar method was written for students taking lessons from a qualified instructor and is suitable for both acoustic and electric guitar.
Instead of the standard beginner guitar book full of nursery rhymes and old folk songs, you will find original and enjoyable melodies plus the theory and techniques that will enable you to play whatever style of music interests you.
Aptitude Program: Highlights, Fees & Lesson Details
Regular Guitar Program
In the Regular Guitar Program you will continue to develop proper guitar playing skills using the Zerofret Guitar Shop Method. Written for the modern guitar student, you will learn original and enjoyable melodies plus theory and technique.
As your ability and knowledge increases you will be able to apply your skills to any style of guitar music you would like to play. Your instructor will be pleased to help you learn your favorite songs.
Lesson Fees & Details
- Suitability – this program is appropriate for students age 8 to adult.
- Duration – 30, 45 or 60 minute lesson once per week; average 4 lessons per month.
- Regular Term – 40 weeks; from September to June; follows the public school calendar; Summer lessons available (please enquire for scheduling)
- Registration Deposit – At registration a fee of $20.00 is payable to reserve a student's place on the schedule. This fee is refunded in the form of a monthly lesson discount when your account is paid by post-dated cheque or pre-authorized chequing.
- Lesson Fee* – tuition is $109.00 to $112.00 per month depending on the instrument of study and is based on four, 30-minute private lessons per month. All lessons are month to month with NO contract. Tuition is GST and PST exempt and qualifies for the Manitoba Children's Arts and Cultural Activity Credit. Bi-weekly, 45 minute and 60 minute lessons are available when required. Please call or email for rates.
- Book Fee – course books are not included and are purchased as required. Average cost is approximately $20.00 per year but will vary depending on the program and grade level.
- Practice Instrument – a suitable practice instrument is required at home.
- Family Lesson Discount – when 2 or more immediate family members are registered for lessons, a monthly lesson discount will be applied to each student. Please ask for details.
-- all prices subject to change without notice --
*A monthly lesson discount will apply when you arrange to pay your account with post-dated cheques or by pre-authorized chequing. Does not apply to Apple Course, Aptitude Music Program, RCM Theory or playLOUD programs.