for the continued growth & development of our kids and community.
Safety Plan Protocols & Highlights ...
With the Province of Manitoba lifting all Covid-19 mandates, it is now up to individual businesses to determine the level of risk posed to its staff and customers. . Because the in-person music teaching environment requires teachers and students to be in a confined space for periods of 30 to 60 minutes and instructors will have contact with multiple students over the course of several hours each day, we have decided to keep basic safety protocols in place for the next few weeks and will reassess these protocols at that time. Following Spring Break and due to uncertainty over the current rate of spread of the virus, we will continue to require teachers and students to wear a mask during all in-person lessons.
The following is a summary of all Covid protocols that remain in effect at our school:
- Instructors and students are to wear a face mask during an in-person lesson.
- Parents sitting in on their child's in-person or class lesson must wear a face mask during the lesson.
- All Tauber Music office staff will wear a face mask when at work.
Parents are asked to please wait in their vehicle during their child’s lesson time whenever possible.
- Do not attend in-person lessons when symptomatic, feeling unwell or if testing positive for Covid -- Online instruction is available to all students who can not attend in-person.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Our mission is to continue providing quality music instruction to as many students as possible without compromising anybody's health or safety. We feel this can be done by offering flexible lesson options whether it be in-person, online or a combination of both and by following the recommendations of our scientific and healthcare professionals.
- In order to protect our staff and other students we ask that you stay home if you are sick, and choose an online lesson instead. If you show up for lessons and are visibly ill you may be asked to go home.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) & Social Distancing
- Until notified otherwise the use of face coverings will be required for all persons entering our facilities.
- Office staff are required to wear a face covering at all times.
- Waiting rooms will have reduced capacity.
- Parents are requested to wait in their car during the lesson. This will not apply to those travelling by bus or who have other reasons that require them to remain inside.
- Please try to maintain proper physical distancing in all common areas. Floor markings will be present to assist with this.
Hand Sanitizer, Wet Wipes... and Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- Hand sanitizer will continue to be supplied in all teaching rooms and reception areas. Students and teachers are requested to use sanitizer before each lesson.
- Teachers will disinfect the classroom instruments as well as all other shared equipment and workstations after each lesson. Disinfectant wipes and cleaning cloths will be provided.
- Enhanced daily cleaning and the disinfecting of each location will continue at this time.
Lesson Formats: Online / In-Person / Combination
- Our school continues to offer your choice of 3 lesson formats … In-person, Online or a combination of both. These lesson formats are available for most programs and instruments. There may be restrictions for taking online lessons for some first year group program classes. Please speak with your instructor to determine if restrictions apply to your class.
- All classrooms are equipped with ethernet ports/cables for the fastest and most stable wired connections. All lesson rooms have been equipped with good quality equipment such as a computer, large monitor, camera(s), microphone and speakers. This new equipment will enable your instructor to teach any lesson format required during their normal schedule and can also be used to enhance the resources available for in-person lessons.
- Lessons can be taught online according to individual student preferences or when needed due to illness or isolation requirements.